Privacy & Cookies Policy
Lost Dog Dance Limited trading as Lost Dog
We have developed this Privacy Statement as we are committed to protecting your personal information and keeping this personal data safe. Lost Dog takes the handling of personal data seriously and is fully aware of the confidential nature of some of the data it holds. The policy below details how Lost Dog will treat personal data after it has been collected by the company, and we assure that we will only use this data as specified here and for our legitimate business reasons. Specifically, we explain what types of personal data we collect, when and why we collect it as well as how we handle it and keep it safe. Please read it carefully to understand how your personal information will be used. We may change this statement from time to time, so please check it periodically.
All information held by Lost Dog is strictly for its own use. Information will not be shared with any third party without prior consent of the data subject unless we are required to do so by law.
Everyone in the workplace has a duty to protect the privacy of information relating to individuals. Information about individuals is held by Lost Dog with the right of subject access, allowing any individual access to the information held about them.
Compliance with the General Data Protection Regulation principles
The new General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), which comes in to effect in the UK and across the EU in May 2018, requires that the data controller (in this case Lost Dog), shall tell you:
- Who the data controller is – in this case – Lost Dog, why we are collecting your data, how long we will hold your data, and who will receive your data
- How your data will be stored
- Details of your individual rights regarding the data – getting clear consent from you before collection and maintaining a record of your consent
- How you can access, how to amend or how to delete, the data we hold about you
- About any data breaches should they occur
Furthermore, GDPR requires us to comply with the following 6 principles:
- Lawfulness, fairness and transparency – that your data will be held and managed in a way that is legal, fair and understandable
- Purpose Limitation – that we will use your data for specified and legitimate purposes and not share it with third parties without your permission
- Data minimisation – that the data collected is adequate, relevant should be limited only to what is required for the purpose stated
- Accuracy – that the data held about you should be accurate, kept up to date, and if no longer accurate, rectified or erased
- Storage Limitation – that your data should only be kept for as long as is necessary. If the data is archived securely for future research purposes, the personally identifiable information will be removed, where possible, to leave anonymous data
- Integrity and confidentiality – that the personal data should be held in a safe and secure way that takes reasonable steps to ensure the security of this information and avoid accidental loss, misuse or destruction.
- Full details about GDPR can be found here: www.eugdpr.org
Visitors to our website
lostdogdance.co.uk is owned and managed by Lost Dog. When you use our website, you are agreeing to the terms set out below.
Your personal information
Lost Dog will get personal information from you when you:
- Enquire about our work, subscribe to company email updates about performances, workshops and other company news and opportunities either through the opt in online subscription link or via a direct communication with the Company
- Use our website www.lostdogdance.co.uk
- Donate to the Company
- Attend our performances, workshops, residencies, auditions or other events
- Work at venues we perform at such as programmers, producers, commissioners, marketers, box office staff
- Are engaged to deliver services on our behalf or provide products to us
- Interact with us on social media
- Have completed a paper or online survey or feedback form
- Are Board members past and present
- Are freelance artists or other contractors who work or have previously worked with the Company
- Have applied for jobs / contracts with us
- We may also get personal information about you from partners & presenting venues if you opt-in to share your details when you make a booking or enquiry about one of our shows.
The Information Lost Dog hold about you may include:
- Your name, email address, postal address, telephone number, date of birth and country of residence
- Your image, including photographs or video
- Feedback about our work
- Details of tickets you have requested from us and/or your attendance at our productions, guest nights, press nights or other events.
- Communications with us and information you send to us (for example by email, or notes of phone calls)
- Information about your purchases, donations, event attendance and interactions with our communications
- Your publicly available social media activity or analytics on you provided by social media platforms e.g. Twitter handle, posts and location.
- Your bank details – for us to make payments or refunds to you, where relevant
Why we collect your personal information and how we use it
Lost Dog collects and retains your personal data so that we can manage our Company effectively, continually improve what we do, and provide to you the particular services you’ve requested. Specifically, we will use your data to:
- Personalise communications you receive from us and to reply to your direct correspondence to us
- Send you details about how to support us through both financial and in-kind donations
- Record when you give money or provide services to us so that we can inform you how your donation & support has helped us and others
- Undertake data analysis to monitor how you interact with us in person and online so we can understand our audiences’ needs better, increasing the quality of our work
- Administrate recruitment for employment opportunities with Lost Dog and for participatory events such as workshops and residencies
- Process payments from you and process payments to you including payment of invoices or making refunds
- Document our work through photos and video – and with your express consent, to use this documentation to evaluate and promote Lost Dog’s work
- And if you have chosen to sign up to our mailing list (actively opted in), we will use your information to provide you with e-mail bulletins and other e-mail alerts to keep you informed about Lost Dog’s news and events including details of performances, auditions, workshops and other company news and opportunities. All such communication you receive from Lost Dog will contain general information about how personal details were obtained by Lost Dog and will have clear indicators how to opt out of receiving any further information from us. We will not contact you if you have chosen to opt out of receiving communication from us.
- We hold no more personal data about individuals than is sufficient for those purposes detailed above. We will never sell, rent or trade your personal information to third parties for marketing or analysis purposes. Although we sometimes will tell you about work from others, we won’t pass information we hold about you to them – unless you give us your permission. Any feedback you give us we may use in public communications. But we won’t do so in such a way that people would know it was from you – unless we get your permission.
We will share your personal data with law enforcement agencies or other organisations or individuals if we are obliged to by law. Such situations may include sharing your data if we are requested by the police or a regulatory authority investigating illegal activity; to protect the personal safety of users of our services or the public; or to protect and defend the rights or property of Lost Dog.
Retention of personal information
Lost Dog regularly reviews the personal data it holds and deletes anything it no longer needs. Information that does not need to be accessed regularly, but which might need to be retained for analysing purposes, is safely archived.
Security of your data
Lost Dog stores all personal information in a secure environment. While we cannot guarantee the security of the Internet, we do take precautions to protect your information. All information we store is password protected, and these passwords are accessible only to those with permission to see it. As such, only employees and approved contractors and developers who need the information to perform specific jobs have access to personal information.
Lost Dog uses a number of online data processors to collect, hold and process your data. In order to do this, we may need to share your personal information with secure service providers and agents. Data processors that are currently working on behalf of Lost Dog are:
- MailChimp (mailing list)
- Google Analytics
We also analyse data from our social media platforms (facebook, twitter, Instagram, youtube) in order to improve our performance and engagement on these platforms. We do not store credit card details nor do we share customer details with any third parties.
Updating your personal information
You can update your details online, or by contacting us at [email protected] if your personal information changes or you wish to correct it. We will update, correct or remove your personal information as soon as possible.
Links to other websites
From time to time our website may contain links to other websites. We are not responsible for the privacy practices or content of other websites so please refer to those websites’ privacy policies.
Google Analytics Notice
This website uses Google Analytics, a web analytics service provided by Google, Inc. (“Google”). Google Analytics uses “cookies”, which are text files placed on your computer, to help the website analyze how users use the site. The information generated by the cookie about your use of the website (including your IP address) will be transmitted to and stored by Google on servers in the United States. Google will use this information for the purpose of evaluating your use of the website, compiling reports on website activity for Lost Dog. Google may also transfer this information to third parties where required to do so by law, or where such third parties process the information on Google’s behalf. Google will not associate your IP address with any other data held by Google.
To opt out of being tracked by Google Analytics across all websites visit http://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
Are you under 18?
If you are under 18 years old, you must obtain your parent or guardian’s consent before providing your personal information to our website.
At any time you have the right to see the personal data that we hold about you, ask to amend the data, instruct us to change how we use your data, or ask us to permanently delete the personal data we hold about you. To do any of these things, write to us at [email protected] detailing what you would like us to do with your personal data. In order for Lost Dog to release personal data information to you, you may need to supply us with appropriate evidence of your identity.
Clear options for unsubscribing from our mailing list or updating your personal data from our e-mail bulletins and alerts will be given on every occasion these are sent out.
You can contact us at any time by email: [email protected] or by writing to:
Lost Dog, 12 Laughton Lodge, Laughton, East Sussex BN8 6BY
Lost Dog is a company limited by guarantee incorporated in England and Wales. Company number: 8816616
Before the Website places Cookies on your computer, you will be presented with a popup requesting your consent to set those Cookies. By giving your consent to the placing of Cookies, you are enabling Lost Dog Dance Ltd to provide a better experience and service to you. You may, if you wish, deny consent to the placing of Cookies; however certain features of the Website may not function fully or as intended.
What is a cookie?
Cookies are text files that are stored in a computer system via an Internet browser.
Cookies used on the Website
STRICTLY NECESSARY COOKIES: These are cookies that are required for the operation of our website. They include, for example, cookies that enable you to log into secure areas of our website. These cookies are necessary for the proper operation of our Website, so if you block these cookies we can’t guarantee your use or the security of our Website.
FUNCTIONALITY COOKIES: These are used to recognise you when you return to our website and are used to provide you the best user experience. These cookies are for instance used to remember your cookie preference settings as you visit our site.
PERFORMANCE COOKIES: Performance cookies help us to understand the behaviour of our visitors and the usage of the Website. This allows us to continuously improve the Website to provide you the best shopping experience.
They allow us to recognise and count the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around our website when they are using it. This helps us to improve the way our website works, for example, by ensuring that users are finding what they are looking for easily.
Control your cookie settings
Internet Explorer: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/17442/windows-internet-explorer-delete-manage-cookies
Mozilla Firefox: http://support.mozilla.com/en-US/kb/Cookies
Google Chrome: http://www.google.com/support/chrome/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=95647
Adobe (flash cookies): https://www.adobe.com/support/flash/downloads.html
To block Google Analytics cookies specifically, you can install the “Google Analytics Opt-out Browser Add-on” provided by Google.
The following link contains further information about cookies: http://www.aboutcookies.org
Below is a full list of the cookies used:
|_ga||2 years||Used to distinguish users. The cookie is updated every time data is sent to Google Analytics. All Analytics data is fully anonymized.|
|_gat||1 min||Used to throttle request rate for Google Analytics|
|_gid||1 day||Used to distinguish users for Google Analytics. All Analytics data is fully anonymized.|
|ginger-cookie||1 month||Used to remember your cookie preference settings|
|tickerpos||100 years||Used to remember the ticker scroll position on page change|
|_cfduid||1 year||Used by the content network, Cloudflare, to identify trusted web traffic.|
|PREF, NID, HSID, APISID, SID, SSID, SAPISID, GAPS, LSID, 1P_JAR, ULS, IDE, DV, UULE, SIDCC||End of session||When creating a Google account or logging in,these cookies are stored on the computer in order to remain connected to your Google account when you visit its service again. While you are logged in and use plug-ins from other websites, such as ours, Google uses these cookies to improve your user experience.|